Saturday 19 January 2008

30 seconds into a Boyz II Men song.....


If I've cried once, I've cried a million times for moments like these. Something tells me that those emotions that hide well behind smiles, that are invisible behind laughter are just laying dormant, waiting for that Boyz II Men song. If I had more creativity I'd come up with less cliche music to make me feel those runaway feelings. If only O hadn't been who he was, if R was more discerning, if Jay had more sense, if Rems had a heart, if Moe had opened his eyes, maybe....just maybe, moments like these would be few and far in between. Unfortunately, banking on the actions of others makes it nearly impossible for you to ever get what you want. And so, the result, beyond the years of acceptance and faked nonchalance, is that you're cornered very well by a moody tune or two and feel what you almost believed was unfeelable anymore. Who said music was nothing more than a few words strung together over a predictable melody? Seems to me those melodies do more for my sense of emotion than my everyday life. A cascade of memories, of what-ifs, of regret and each poignant in the almost holy reverence that is one great, cliche musical number.......

No comments: